Title: Salesforce Commerce Cloud Developer – Remote
Duration: 6 months +
Start Date: ASAP
SUMMARY: Our client is looking for a SFCC Senior Developer that will work on ecommerce web development initiatives, developing high quality code and helping to improve the processes we use. This consultant will work with their project management team to help define requirements and technical specifications. The consultant will also collaborate with their UX team to create feasible designs and functional user workflows. This consultant should have the ability to architect entire development solutions and can work mostly independently to implement project specs or fix bugs.
- Developing and maintaining optimized Demandware templates and pipelines/controllers
- Drive initiatives to continually enhance and optimize the front and back-end e-commerce codebase for speed and flexibility
- Architecting high-level code structures / pattern usage.
- Troubleshooting bugs within a complex, global code base
- Provide level of effort for your projects, as well as provide direction on scope and determine overall feasibility
- Create and document development specifications and work completed
- Active participation through all phases of the development lifecycle
- Provide status updates and communication on projects to e-commerce business users and other stakeholders.
- Mentoring, assisting, and guiding junior developers
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 5+ years experience as a web developer, Demandware – SFCC (Salesforce Commerce Cloud)
- Significant experience creating new code in at least one back-end coding language
- Architected and lead completion of several large projects (integrations, APIs, refactoring, etc.)
- Familiarity with code repository systems, Git preferred
- Responsive design experience (or similar mobile and tablet work)
- Experience converting and/or slicing PSDs to CSS (or similar)
- Understanding of and experience with mobile and web based design constraints, editors, browser platforms and their differences
- Strong understanding of object-oriented programming practices